Shopping in maldives is the best thing to do as you can enjoy the city side of Maldives too. For local famous one stop shopping market is Majeedhee market. You can see everything from ethnic jewellery to hand crafted items.The markets of maldives are of different types like :
● Street market : This is Local market
● Mobile market : This is a weekend type market
● Majeedhee Magu market : This is street market
● Chaandanee Market: This is also Street market
● Fish market of Male.
Majeedhee Magu is located at the main road of the capital of maldives “ Male”. This market is full of colourful items and glitzy. On the roads of this market we can see many super markets, shops and wholesale markets. The cost of every product is moderate. The main speciality of this market are Garments. Now for betterment of this market government of Maldives decided to change the construction of cobblestone with asphalt. Here you can find everything as it is one stop shop destination. The shopping street of Majeedhee Magu is full of crowd. This market is located at the center of Male and offer main shopping hub for tourists. This market is open from 9am to 11pm. You can find many branded and trendy product with best offers. If you visited Maldives for your vacations and you also love shopping than the best place to enjoy shopping is at Majeedhee Magu Market. This Street market usually spans from east to west. Large variety of garment are found in this market. This is also known as shopping heaven for girls.
This market is mainly located on main road of Male. All the fabulous collections can be seen in these shops like perfumes, clothes, watches, electronic gadgets, handbags and jewellery.
Some information about shopping from Majeedhee Magu market :
● All the shops of this market are closed at time of prayers.
● Always remember to buy the souvenirs that is local.
● By public transport you can visit this market by Atlas tuition bus stop and Raanbaa bus stop.
This market is the most commercial market in Maldives. Here you can see the dress of Maldives that is known as libaas.
The markets within the Majeedhee Magu market are:
● Weekend Market: Every weekend, there are stalls of everythings you will need. This market is known as weekend market of Majeedhee Magu Market. This market is famous for the mobile market.
● Street Market: Street market in Majeedhee market is the one which ribbons whole Male from east to west. This street market offers all kinds of discounts on textiles and clothing as well as accessories. This is a one-stop-shop for everyone. You would want to take away so many things from this market.
● Local Market: It consists of two types: 1) The Local Market 2)The Fish Market The local market is known for selling miniatures of boats and mats, brooms, slippers, etc made out of palm tree and coconut leaves. When in the market don’t forget to try some of their fresh coconut milk. The fish market is meant for the selling of all kinds of fishes. You will find any fish you want or you are searching for.
● The local specialities: Food market is the main speciality when it comes to having something while shopping. When you are shopping in Majeedhee Market, it is so big that you will definitely feel hungry and for that, there you are provided with one of the best street foods and eating outs to dine.
This was all about the Majeedhee Magu Market. It is a big market in the heart of the city and thus, very famous among the locals and the tourists.